Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Beginning

March 2012 has began full of promises!  I've decided to commit to beginning training for my first ultra. The thought has gone through my head so many times over the past few years.  Even when I wasn't running I was thinking about running.  Whether it was, "Wow, I'm glad I'm not running in this blizzard!" to "Ugh, my damn back hurts I sure wish I could run!" it's always been in my mind.  I've used every excuse not to commit, "I really want to work on this relationship with, Insert mans name, I should spend time with, Insert mans name, instead of running." Or there was always, "I can't get up at 5 a.m. to run.  I just can't."
Well, blah blah blah!!! Every time I look in the mirror at my "matured" body I realize I'm not getting any younger!  Time to buck up and get er' done!  I feel as  though now is the best time to start working towards that goal.  My boys are both teenagers.  They don't need me around 24/7 any more.  My job requires no committment past 40 hours a week and I'm single.  Best of all I have my new love, Lily, a 2 year old Vizsla.  She is going to be a fantabulous running buddy! I've got the best coach leading the way and all the want to and desire to join the ultra running community.  My family supports me-even if the do occassionally question my sanity-through the thick and the thin.
I am in week 2 of training. It is oh-so-very early in the game of training for a 50.  Slowly but surely I am increasing my mileage as coach Coleen instrucs.  This weekend she will be showing me how to use bands for strength training.  I have to admit they scare me!  I've never used them before and I'm pretty sure they will make me hurt!  Ya ya, no pain no gain!  I have a feeling there's a lot of that ahead.  But hey, I totally believe that whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment